Statement of Faith
The following are Statements of Faith that have been approved by the board of Blackberry Circle to reflect the basic beliefs that make up the Blackberry Circle Tradition, Church, and Coven.
- At Blackberry Circle we recognize that each individual have their own spiritual needs and we do not have the responsibility nor the right to decide what is right for anyone other than ourselves. Each person’s spirituality or religious belief belongs to that individual only.
- For those who follow the Blackberry Circle Tradition the following is a Statement of Faith that is followed within the groups, Circles, Covens and the Church itself and by the practicing members.
- We honour and worship the Goddess in Her many manifestations; the Mother of all from whose breast all are fed and nourished.
- We also honour and worship God in His many manifestations; The Father who protects, teaches and dies to ensure the continuation of life.
- We recognize the Creative Power in the universe as manifesting through polarity, as masculine and feminine, and that this same Creative Power lies in all people, and functions through the interaction of the masculine and feminine. We value neither above the other, knowing each to be supportive of the other.
- We recognize that the Divine is within us all and not simply “out there.”
- We believe that the life force of creation is in all objects and we are all interconnected. No one person or object is separate from another.
- We acknowledge a depth of power far greater than that apparent to the average person. Because it is far greater than ordinary it is sometimes called "supernatural", but we see it as lying within that which is naturally potential to all.
- We recognize both outer and inner, or psychological, worlds -- sometimes known as the Spiritual World, the Collective Unconscious, Inner Planes, etc. -- and we see in the interaction of these two dimensions the basis for paranormal phenomena and magickal exercises. We neglect neither dimension for the other, seeing both as necessary for our fulfillment.
- We believe in the Wiccan Rede of “An it harm none, do as ye will.” We also recognize that harming none does not mean we must be pacifists since to allow wrong to flourish unchecked is not “harming none”; it is harming everybody.
- We believe that magic is a natural force of the Universe and is available to anyone who chooses to use it.
- We believe in the affirmation and fulfillment of life in a continuation of evolution and development of consciousness that gives meaning to the Universe we know, and our personal role within it.
- We believe in the everlasting return as exhibited in the changing of the seasons, the death and rebirth of all creatures and of our own birth, death and eventual rebirth.
- We recognize that we, as individuals, are completely responsible for our thoughts, our words, our actions and ourselves. We need not ask the Divine for forgiveness of our actions but must ask that forgiveness from within ourselves.
- We believe that family is and should be the basis of our spiritual life. Our family can not only include our spouse and children but also our close friends and those whom we have similar beliefs with. As such, children of all ages should be included in our beliefs and practices and they should be included in age appropriate teachings.